I travel for business ... a lot!
And when I started my own consultancy I negotiated a couple of deal breakers into my contract with “my boss”.
- No more early morning flights
- No ‘Up and back’ in a day unless it’s for lunch
- No more airport bus (although the Sydney train is fabulous)
- Business class when it’s at a meal time**
And she said yes!
- Because I hate being worn out and exhausted
- Because it helps me stay productive and my boss is a hard task master
- Because my clients deserve me at 100%
- Because I'm worth it 😎
Interestingly, there are so few women up the front of the plane it’s notable. Even the crew comment.
(** It's always a meal time. Who am I kidding?)
If you liked this, try some more -
- Three incredibly powerful speaking tips I learned from Jane Caro
- It's not all about the money. Or is it?
- More Powerful Advice for Women Leading
Vive la révolution! #ambitionrevolution #LookOutCSuiteHereSheComes #feminineambition #success #career #executivebranding #personalbrand #standout #leadership #executivewomen #careerfutureproofing