"Defy those expectations ... Don't live your life according to what other people think. Go out there and do what you really want to do". ~ Professor Michelle Yvonne Simmons, 2018 Australian of the Year
No more waiting -
- for the time to be right
- for someone to give you permission
- for someone to tap you on the shoulder and say "Wow, I notice how secretly talented you are and I want to give you an amazing opportunity on a silver platter"
- to be rescued
- for a sign from the universe
- until you feel better prepared or more educated
- until the kids have grown up
- until your partner's risky business ventures have settled down.
I know, I've been there. And one day when we catch up, I'd love to share you my embarrassing Richard Branson story, if I haven't already done so.
It's time to stop hedging your bets, to stop worrying about what others will say or think, then draw a line in the sand and get moving in the direction of your choice.
The socialisation of girls and women has tended towards the passive and the waiting. But who says we have to abide by that? Why not carve out a destiny and reality you prefer instead?
There is no time like the present. If not you, who? And if not now, when?
Let's embrace the 'gold standard of executive branded' for 2018 - proactive, future focused and deliberate.
Thank you and congratulations Professor Simmons.
Free download to get you inspired - 12 Point Executive Branding Blueprint.
Ready for a bigger, better, bolder, more beautiful, bodacious and brilliant 2018? I know I am!
If you are inspired by Professor Simmons, why not book in a 30 min one on one phone call to learn more about how I can help?
1st in best dressed rules apply.