Cult of celebrity and the rise of the celebrity CEO - what can we learn?
- We’re in an era demanding trust and transparency
- Consumers trust individuals more than institutions
- And reputation identified in the top 5 concerns for CEOs (2017 KPMG CEO Global Outlook report)
Executive branding has become a thing!
Modern, forward thinking, entrepreneurial CEOs and execs are creating huge followings online and it's delivering business outcomes.
- People trust people
- If you can’t be authentic don’t bother
- You can provide far more value by being a “micro celebrity” than hiding behind the organisation you lead
- Every entrepreneur is just one search term away from being in nearly every household in the world
- It’s not a waste of time. It’s the cost of doing business in a modern, digital, globalised and increasingly complex environment, where people are looking for clarity & certainty, & follow those they identify with & trust
My question to you then is - is this simply smoke and mirrors? Or is it a legit part of the executive branding toolkit?
Would love to know your thoughts.