What are the six most expensive words you can think to yourself when it comes to self promotion and your career success?
I work with busy executives who have big goals and ambitions. There is a mindset that most have in common that gets in the way when it comes to putting themselves out there and achieving their next big career steps.
It's got to do with
- not wanting to blow your own horn
- not wanting to toot your own trumpet
- not wanting to be perceived as bragging
What else is it not?
- "no I don't want a raise" or
- "no I don't want that promotion"
That would be too easy.
It's far more insidious than that.
And yet it trips us up every time.
What do you think those 6 little words are?
#personalbrand #standout #leadership