Best of the Blog for 2023 – career, negotiation and gender equity
I know exactly how hard it can be to get back into things on your first few weeks back after the Xmas New Year holiday period. Believe me. 🤣
YouTube worm holes and Instagram reels have a siren’s song when you haven’t really re-engaged back into work, even if you love your job!
So if that’s you, one guaranteed way to get refocused is in bite sized chunks. Instead of beating yourself up because you didn’t perform at 100% for 8-10 hours already, reward yourself for what you were able to do, and put a system in place to support you to focusing more next time.
That’s why I like revisiting my blog articles at this time every year.
They’re quick, easy to read, bite sized chunks of inspiration and actionable items that can help you move the dial on your career and earning potential.
In case you missed out because you were busy back in the middle of 2023, here are my most popular blogs to help get you going again.
“The world was hers for the reading”. ~ Betty Smith
And don’t forget – drop me a note and let me know which one inspired you the most! I love hearing from real women who gain inspiration and insights from my writing. Or when you tried one of the tactics and it worked for you.
MY SIX TOP BLOG POSTS FOR 2023 – in order of popularity from my readers
- A big handover mistake that’s common for many women – advice for those who have resigned yet are either perfectionists, and/or have a dose of imposter syndrome, worrying you’re about to be caught out when you’re not there to defend yourself.
- Self-improvement is not a strategy, fixing a broken system is – it’s not your fault that careers and leadership can be tough for women and here’s what to do about it.
- 5 reasons to surround yourself with awesome women on a mission – despite the common narrative that all women tear each other down and hold each other back. Don’t believe all that negative hype.
- How to boost your negotiation power in just 15 mins every Friday – a reminder of a simple tactic, guaranteed to increase your negotiation power and muscle.
- How to get the right sort of feedback that transforms your career – yes, feedback is gendered. This blog will give you tips on getting feedback that will put you on the pathway to being a shoo in for next level promotions, bigger opportunities and substantive pay increases.
- Negotiate 3X better outcomes with this one science backed piece of advice – and it’s so easy to implement, you’ll do something about it immediately.
And don’t forget – drop me an email with which one resonated most and/or what you will do differently in 2024.
Stay visible! And strategic
May 2024 be your best year yet!
PS: If you’re a senior level woman and have yet to lock in a coach for 2024, then I’d love to hear from you. Successful leaders all have a coach of some sort – and many even have multiple. It’s not a luxury, it’s the cost of doing business. However, women are so very used to putting other people’s needs above their own, so can feel guilty or even greedy for paying for coaching. And the person who is penalised for that the most? It’s you.
If you’re on a look out for the right coach to help you lead and succeed, someone who is expert in supporting women check out my website www.amandablesing.com and fill in the waitlist application form. Let’s chat about what’s possible for you in 2024!